Having thouroughly cleaned and repaired your walls we then
decorate and protect the exterior of your property with a Durcan Services wall coating system and make frequent, costly and disruptive decorating and maintenance a thing of the past. With guarantees
on our spray applied wall coatings being as long as 15 years (and likely life expectancy well in excess of this) the likelihood is that you will
never have to paint again.
Choose from smooth coatings and clear coatings right
through to a range of different textured finishes all designed to enhance and protect the exterior of your home and leave it virtually maintenance free for years to come… forget about regular painting.
Applying a textured coating from Durcan Services will totally renovate the exterior walls of your property,
leaving a uniformed, attractive, long-lasting weatherproof finish with a full 15 year guarantee.
The textured coating system is designed to be applied the whole year round and is…
- Pressure sprayed by highly skilled
- Up to 20 times thicker than conventional
- Manufactured using a blend of minerals, acrylic resins and fibres
- Exceptionally durable
- Designed to eliminate penetrating damp
- Able to block out wind-driven rain
- Capable of resisting dirt, mould, algae and acid
- Unlike conventional paint so will not flake or
- Made with high levels of UV resistance and
hence colour stable
- Thick enough to remove ugly scars caused by
window or door replacements
- Effective at hiding damage to walls from previous attempts at repair
- Micro porous so allows the walls to breathe
- Ideal for brick, stone, render, pebbledash and Tyrolean, etc. (a clear finish is also available for brick and
Stage 1 ~ Cleaning Down
All surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned by either power washing or if required wire brushing. Years of grime,
mould, algae and other contaminants are removed. All loosely adhered or delaminated paint work is removed. A process known as 'needle-gunning' may be required. This will identify any damaged render,
Brickwork, roughcast, pebbledash etc. A biocidal wash is then applied to eliminate any underlying spores and prohibit any further re-growth in years to come.
Stage 2 - Masking Up
This process protects all doors, windows, paths and surrounding areas that are not being treated. This is
achieved by masking up with tape, heavy duty paper, polythene and dust sheets. Great care is taken to protect driveways and adjoining properties.
Stage 3 - Restoration & Repair Work
Damaged render and decaying brickwork is removed and all cracks are chased out. Fibre re-inforced,
polymer-modified cements (GRC) are used for repairs to ensure a perfect bond. Previously unpainted areas such as brickwork or pebbledash then benefit from a 'fairing' coat with polymer-modified
render to fill small air holes and soften any brick lines.
Stage 4 - Primer
The primer coat has been formulated to act as a Stabilising/primary coat with up to 50% penetrating into the
substrate and 50%. Forming a protective surface coating. The Primer coat also stabilises the substrate, counter-acting against. the alkali inherent in all walls and helps form the perfect key for the
The subsequent finish/top coat bonds with the Primer coat to form a bond of incredible strength.
Stage 5 - Application
Coatings are sprayed on to surfaces using specialist heavy duty spray equipment at up to 50-75psi air pressure.
The complete system is up to 20 times thicker than conventional paint The textured finish helps conceal as far as possible any repair work and dries to a beautiful, uniform finish. Following
completion your property will be left in a clean and tidy condition.
In some instances a property will be better suited to and your preference may be for a smooth coating. Smooth
rendered walls, painted face brickwork, listed buildings or even pebble-dashed walls in good condition all can be treated with Durcan Services smooth coatings.
The features of these coatings are…
- The most technologically advanced
- Super-hydrophobic (extremely water repellent)
- Self-cleaning/dirt repellent as dirt is simply
washed away when it rains
- The best protection for properties which are particularly exposed to the weather
- Excellent at preventing penetrating damp
- Reduce energy costs as a damp wall requires more heating to keep the inside warm (wet walls transfer heat twice
as quickly as dry walls)
- Micro-porous so allow the walls to
- 10 year guarantee with an expected 15-20 year
- Silicone based and as Silicone is a mineral and mineral coatings are preferred and often stipulated as being
mandatory on heritage or listed buildings
- Water-based, free of solvents
- Excellent weather and UV resistance. Colour
- Can be used over renders, silicone renders, brick, stone, lime cement and previous paints
- Matt finish
For more information on how we can help improve the look of your property, call us today on 0800 77 20206. We offer a free, no
obligation assessment and quotation.